Listen Live on  
 

Star 101.9

Hawaii's New Music Alternative
 
 

No Injuries After Fire Guts an Ewa Beach Home

 
Posted Monday, June 2nd 2014 @ 12pm

A malfunctioning rice cooker is being blamed for causing a fire that displaced an Ewa Beach family Sunday morning. Firefighters were called to the home on Laupai Street just after 10:30 a.m. It was under control at 11 a.m. A woman and her three children got out safely, but when the woman went back to get the family pets, she became trapped and had to climb out of the second floor garage window to the roof and neighbors helped her down. No one was injured. The fire caused an estimated $250,000 damage.

Recommended Stories

More from Star 101.9

*