Some firefighters in central Indiana were awoken to one of their strangest calls ever - what to do with a pet raccoon that had "smoked too much weed?"
The Wayne Township Fire Department tweeted about the call for help, writing that around 2 a.m. last week, firefighters at Station 82 in Wayne Township were awoken by a woman frantically pushing on their doorbell. firefighters on duty were understandably concerned - anyone ringing their bell at 2 a.m. had to be in some kind of trouble.
But fortunately, there was no death and destruction or 4 alarm fire waiting for them. A woman just needed some help with her pet raccoon after it had been exposed to a large amount of marijuana.
While the firefighters got a kick out of the story, they say they were unable to assist the woman with her ripped raccoon.
Story of the day! Our FF’s at Station 82 were awakened at 2 am last week to a person seeking treatment for her pet Raccoon. What was his illness you ask? The raccoon had smoked too much weed. Yes! It happened! As much as we love animals, there wasn’t much they could do.
Fire Capt. Mike Pruitt told WTHR that firefighters were confused as to why the woman brought them the raccoon.
"It really left the guys scratching their heads that someone brought a raccoon to the firehouse at 2 a.m. seeking help, and especially with the condition the animal was in, so we hope that the raccoon made a full recovery," Pruitt said.